Facilitation skills are useful for everyone in the business world. CEO’s, advisors, team leaders, and other managers need to be able to provide structure during meetings rather than just give directions or answers in a discussion. This method of management draws on the expertise of all the employees within the business, which helps improve group effectiveness. The facilitator should help group members formulate methods to find solutions rather than just come up with arbitrary answers. This course will help prepare you to utilize facilitation skills in different situations, structure conversations, handle conflict resolution in the workplace, and make decisions.
You will learn:
-The purpose, behaviors, and underlying principles of a facilitator
-A clear overview of the content and process model at the core of facilitation
-Common misunderstandings about facilitator assertiveness
-How leaders can balance facilitation with being directive
This 3-5 hour facilitation skills training program from Ingrid Bens includes accessibility features, audio narration, interactive features, and video. This course includes ten lessons that help viewers learn group facilitation skills in chunks. each lesson isolates a single, important technique and demonstrates a core skill in a group setting. This course simplifies and explains theoretical models and includes interactive exercises and structured practice activities with each lesson.
Each lesson also includes downloadable workbook pages and the program links to an online bookstore that features recommended further reading. Learners also may take a certification of completion upon completion. The course includes a free package to conduct a one-day post-elearning practice workshop: trainer notes, slides, workbook, handouts and license of unlimited use. All groups enrolled in the online course automatically receive the post-elearning workshop package free of charge, which includes trainer notes, a workbook, slides, handouts and a license for unlimited use.
Everyone who manages a project, leads a team or conducts meetings needs to possess group process skills. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or opportunity to attend lengthy workshops. This elearning program has been created to efficiently and effectively communicate the essential core skills of facilitation, to busy professionals.
- The program is organized into ten lessons.
- Each lesson isolates a single, important technique.
- Each core skill is demonstrated in a group setting.
- Theoretical models are clearly and simply explained.
- Interactive exercises and structured practice activities accompany each lesson.
- Each lesson is supported by downloadable workbook pages.
- The program is linked to an on-line bookstore featuring recommended further reading.
- A final test allows learners to receive a certificate of completion.
- The course includes a free package to conduct a one-day post-elearning practice workshop: trainer notes, slides, workbook, handouts and license of unlimited use.
This course is the first step in the 1-2-3 Facilitation Skills process:
1) The facilitation skills online elearning program consists of 10lessons in the essential core skills. This fully narrated program features over 40 video clips demonstrating both good and bad techniques. The course takes from 3 to 5 hours to complete. Features interactive exercises and a final test.
2) All groups enrolled in the online course
automatically receive the post-elearning workshop package free of charge. Includes trainer notes, a workbook, slides, handouts and a license for unlimited use. Can be conducted by any in-house trainer. Designed for groups of six, with a suggested maximum of 24 per class.
3) Upon completion of the practice workshop
ask graduates to pick a partner. Partners take turn observing each other using the Facilitation Skills Inventory (FSI) (Participant materials cost $22.00 ea).
PC System Requirements● Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8● Browser: Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Firefox 3 or higher, Google Chrome● Player: Flash Player 9.1 or higher (see note about recent versions and closed captioning)Mac System Requirements● Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.11 or higher● Browser: Safari 3 or higher, Firefox 3 or higher, Google Chrome for Mac● Player: Flash Player 9.1 or higherHardware Specifications● Screen resolution of at least 800x600 or larger● Bandwidth: 25mb/s Recommended; 10mb/s Minimum● A computer with speakers or headphones (courses contain audio)Additional Notes & Troubleshooting “SELLER” recommends that the customer have internet bandwidth speeds of 25mb/s per second or greater. To utilize “SELLER” resources, you will need a Web browser with 3rd Party Cookies enabled, and have the Flash plugin installed. The course includes the full caption spoken in the captions area per page.○ 3rd Party Cookies must be accepted○ 3rd Party Cookies must be accepted
3 hr 00 min
Accessible / 508 Compliant
Develop communication skills
This popular course provides a step by step approach to developing your meeting facilitation skills. This is essential for anyone who works in team environments or organizes large meetings - ensuring that all parties feel heard, understood and respected is the basis for productive decision making. Ingrid Bens is a nationally-respected facilitator, and her course shares her wisdom and skills with learners.
- Define role of the facilitator
- Describe the essential core facilitator practices
- Demonstrate skills in action
- Provide opportunities for interaction
- Offer practice activities to deepen learning
- Provide recall and comprehension testing
- Support learners seeking certification