Facilitation Core Skills
- Define role of the facilitator; describe and demonstrate core skills in action
Everyone who manages a project, leads a team or conducts meetings needs to possess group process skills. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or opportunity to attend lengthy workshops. This elearning program has been created to efficiently and effectively communicate the essential core skills of facilitation, to busy professionals.
- The program is organized into ten lessons.
- Each lesson isolates a single, important technique.
- Each core skill is demonstrated in a group setting.
- Theoretical models are clearly and simply explained.
- Interactive exercises and structured practice activities accompany each lesson.
- Each lesson is supported by downloadable workbook pages.
- The program is linked to an on-line bookstore featuring recommended further reading.
- A final test allows learners to receive a certificate of completion.
- The course includes a free package to conduct a one-day post-elearning practice workshop: trainer notes, slides, workbook, handouts and license of unlimited use.
This course is the first step in the 1-2-3 Facilitation Skills process:
1) The facilitation skills online elearning program consists of 10lessons in the essential core skills. This fully narrated program features over 40 video clips demonstrating both good and bad techniques. The course takes from 3 to 5 hours to complete. Features interactive exercises and a final test.
2) All groups enrolled in the online course
automatically receive the post-elearning workshop package free of charge. Includes trainer notes, a workbook, slides, handouts and a license for unlimited use. Can be conducted by any in-house trainer. Designed for groups of six, with a suggested maximum of 24 per class.
3) Upon completion of the practice workshop
ask graduates to pick a partner. Partners take turn observing each other using the Facilitation Skills Inventory (FSI) (Participant materials cost $22.00 ea).
- For help or to ask more questions about Facilitation Core Skills by Facilitation Tutor click the "Live Help" in the bottom right, or feel free to call us at (503) 808-1268
- See courses similar to Facilitation Core Skills or see more courses by Facilitation Tutor
- This course is found in Business Skills
You may also like these courses
$99.00 / USER 6 hrsVolume Discounts AvailableDescription
This online Email Management Training will offer instruction on how to manage, sort, file, track, organize e-mail. Each course is built around a fundamental aspect of managing e-mail communications. Further instruction is also provided on the three primary email tools of Outlook, Lotus Notes and Gmail. Courses in this training series are built around proven e-mail management best practices and techniques used by many companies and...
$149.00 / USER 30 minVolume Discounts AvailableFree PreviewDescription
The majority of professionals cringe when it comes time for evaluations, self assessments, and even everyday feedback. Unfortunately, some managers communicate only when there is a problem, so employees tend to view feedback in a negative light. Lack of communication contributes to 80% of workplace issues. These statistics show that constant communication and ongoing feedback are critical to well-functioning and high-performing individuals,...
Halcyon's "508 Compliance for eLearning" is an online eLearning program that will provide you with the foundation you need to build, manage, and implement quality eLearning education under Section 508 standards.
This program is broken into four sections and we recommend taking it in segments!
In this eLearning program, we'll answer just some of the following questions:
What exactly is Section 508? Learn the background of Section 508 s...
An awareness of Section 508 Compliance can help a business gain awareness of how to make their content accessible to persons with different disabilities. This course provides a good overview of the different options available to make your content work with assistive technology devices. It puts you in the shoes of different types of users by providing examples of how formatting choices can impact how a webpage is read by an assistive tech device. This helps you can better understand the user's perspective and make better design choices as it applies to Section 508 Compliance (technically, you can "comply" but the content would not communicate effectively to the user). The course not only provides examples of how Section 508 Compliant (and non-compliant) content is "read" by assistive technology, but also provides concrete coding tips and techniques to better design for Section 508 Compliance (don't fear, the code is very accessible with a very basic understanding of HTML). Also, a wealth of resources is available to support performance in making your content compliant. This is a VERY solid course to help introduce a team to (the often misunderstood) Section 508 Compliance, highlight it's importance and purpose, and to help the team realize that the techniques to develop content to effectively work with assistive technologies is very manageable with some basic coding skills and consideration of the users with these needs.david.glow
$162.00 / USER 12 hrsVolume Discounts AvailableDescription
This course covers information systems in all phases of business and functional areas as needed to analyze and solve business problems in the "real world." The practical and efficient use of computer technology, both software and hardware, is highlighted. Every type of business application is covered, as well as the importance of databases, networking, telecommunications, and wireless mobile technology. Other topics discussed include: popular...