Financial analysis: Pyramid of ratios
This course is offered by
Financial analysis is an assessment of the income, financial viability, and budget of a given project. Knowing how to perform financial analysis and apply the findings to projects is an important skill for any worker or project manager.
In this online pyramid of ratios tutorial, learn the pyramid of ratios, demonstrate how you can use the pyramid to uncover the profitability, efficiency, and leverage drivers for any organization. In this course, you will combine everything learned in the other three Financial Analysis courses to unlock the drivers of financial performance. You will learn:
- - Drivers of the return on equity ratio
- - The profitability, efficiency, and leverage ratios that make up the pyramid of ratios
- - The links between the pyramid’s primary, secondary, and tertiary ratios
- - How to construct a pyramid of ratios using a set of published financial statements and perform a complete financial analysis
This 45 minute course from MDA includes audio narration, inline quizzes, job aids, reference materials, simulation, and video. By the end of this course, you will understand how to effectively use the pyramid of ratios to analyze any organization. This course includes a hands-on case study and an Excel spreadsheet template that can be used to generate individual ratios and a pyramid of ratios from any set of financial statements.
Use hands-on case studies and an Excel spreadsheet template that can be used to generate individual ratios and a pyramid of ratios from any set of financial statements. You will understand pyramid ratios and demonstrate your knowledge.
Other System Requirements
Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer is required. Program does not run without Adobe Flash. Pop-ups must be enabled
0 hr 45 min
Job Aids and Reference Materials
Accessible / 508 Compliant
- Unlock the drivers of the return on equity ratio
- Analyze the profitability, efficiency, and leverage ratios that make up the pyramid of ratios
- Understand the links between the pyramid's primary, secondary, and tertiary ratios
- Construct a pyramid of ratios using a set of published financial statements and perform a complete financial analysis