HIPAA: Risk Analysis and Administrative Safeguards
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) covers all Americans’ health information, and requires that any transaction or storage of information be entirely private and secured. This course will describe the measures to take to protect the information of your clients, patients and employees. You will learn:
- How to conduct internal and external risk analyses
- The benefits of conducting such analyses, and how it can help you identify problems with your security systems
- What problems and risks justify adjusting some of your old policies, and which require that you create new ones
- How to start using role based access in your system and why it can help protect information
- How to conduct regular assessments of system security and employee risk possibilities
Information protection is very pivotal in our day and age, and should unwanted individuals gain access to information of your patients or clients, or even employees, they can be at risk of identity theft, discrimination, and you could be at risk of serious law suits. This course will make sure that not only do you know that you are liable for their information within your systems, but that you know how to protect it to your best abilities.
Welcome to our series on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA. Before we get started, we need to make clear that we are not lawyers and this should not be considered a source of legal advice. It's important to watch these courses in order the first time you view them. In this course, we'll be discussing risk analysis and the administrative safeguards you should be using.
Included in these bundles
- For help or to ask more questions about HIPAA: Risk Analysis and Administrative Safeguards by ej4 - eLearning for Business click the "Live Help" in the bottom right, or feel free to call us at (503) 808-1268
- See courses similar to HIPAA: Risk Analysis and Administrative Safeguards or see more courses by ej4 - eLearning for Business
- This course is found in Compliance, HIPAA
You may also like these courses
This course provides training and review of important Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) mandates relating to support staff who work in a health care facility. Emphasis is placed on the importance of the Privacy and Security Rules of HIPAA.
Each lesson includes a scenario that discusses facts about HIPAA law and how this portion of the training relates to those who work in hospitals. Each lesson conclu...
HIPAA–the laws governing healthcare coverage and privacy issues–does not just apply to healthcare providers, but to all businesses involved with their employees' insurance. The regulations set forth in HIPAA protect the privacy of individual's health records and need to be taken seriously. By fully understanding HIPAA's requirements, businesses can comply with these regulations and secure their employee's privacy. This online training ...
This HIPAA course is for California Insurance Professionals