For help or to ask more questions about HIPAA: Risk Analysis and Administrative Safeguards by ej4 - eLearning for Business, click "Live Help" in the bottom right, or feel free to call us at (503) 808-1268.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) covers all Americans’ health information, and requires that any transaction or storage of information be entirely private and secured. This course will describe the measures to take to protect the information of your clients, patients and employees. You will learn:
- How to conduct internal and external risk analyses
- The benefits of conducting such analyses, and how it can help you identify problems with your security systems
- What problems and risks justify adjusting some of your old policies, and which require that you create new ones
- How to start using role based access in your system and why it can help protect information
- How to conduct regular assessments of system security and employee risk possibilities
Information protection is very pivotal in our day and age, and should unwanted individuals gain access to information of your patients or clients, or even employees, they can be at risk of identity theft, discrimination, and you could be at risk of serious law suits. This course will make sure that not only do you know that you are liable for their information within your systems, but that you know how to protect it to your best abilities.
Welcome to our series on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA. Before we get started, we need to make clear that we are not lawyers and this should not be considered a source of legal advice. It's important to watch these courses in order the first time you view them. In this course, we'll be discussing risk analysis and the administrative safeguards you should be using.
0 hr 05 min
Human Resource Professionals
Safety & Compliance Officers
Flash 9 or higher, IE 8+, Firefox 3+, Chrome (All Versions), Safari 4+, Mobile Phones, and Tablets.