HTML and CSS for Beginners Course
- Understand the role and purpose of HTML
- Be able to utilize basic document structure for HTML 4.01
- XHTML and HTML5
- Articulate the sections of an HTML document
- Utilize tags for basic text markup
- Use Cascading Stylesheet Language to specify text look and feel
- Create unordered lists
- Create ordered lists
- Use CSS to customize tables
- Create internal, external hyperlinks
- Change Hyperlink appearance with CSS
- Place images in an HTML document
- Place Audio Content in a Document using HTML5
- Place Video in a Document using HTML5
- Create Interactive Forms to Collect User Data
- Use new HTML 5 Form Input Options
- Understand Divs and Spans
- Understand how the box model is used for CSS layout
- Create a multicolumn page layout using CSS
There isn't a web site out there-- whether it be WhiteHouse.gov, IBM.com or the site for your local high school-- that isn't written in HTML. If you do any level of web development-- from editing pages on a Wordpress site to designing original pages from scratch, understanding and being able to code in HTML and CSS can_give you a level of control, and power over your designs that you've never experienced before._This course helps you learn the html and css you need to know now (versions 4.01 and XHTML) as well asprepares you for the future with coverage of HTML5. In this course, designed, authored and hosted by master trainer Mark Lassoff, you will learn HTML and CSS, including everything you need to create a creative, quality and sound web site. Almost four hours of video instruction in punctuated lab exercises where you apply the very skills taught in the course. With an instructor available to answer your questions, and course with both wide coverage of HTML and CSS topics and deep discussion of those topics, there is no better or faster way to learn HTML and CSS for Beginners!
- For help or to ask more questions about HTML and CSS for Beginners Course by LearnToProgram.tv click the "Live Help" in the bottom right, or feel free to call us at (503) 808-1268
- See courses similar to HTML and CSS for Beginners Course or see more courses by LearnToProgram.tv
- This course is found in Web Design, CSS
You may also like these courses
This course is for students new to HTML. It begins with an introduction to web technologies and then provides a comprehensive overview of HTML.
Note that this is a basic HTML training class for people new to HTML. If you already know HTML well and are interested in learning HTML5, see our HTML5 training class.
Curious about design? This bundle contains 19 courses that will teach you to use Adobe CS6. This collection of courses covers seven Adobe products. Learn you way around Adobe products with this up-to-date bundle.
More specifically, this bundle will teach you about:
Photoshop: Learn to edit graphics
InDesign: Learn to use this layout design program and create newsletters, newspapers, brochures, posters, etc.
In this advanced CSS training class, students will learn to use CSS to format forms, create list-based navigation, do advanced page layouts, and create stunning background effects. Students will also learn about CSS coding conventions and shorthand properties.