Medical - Restraint and Seclusion
- Identify the legal requirements for the use of restraints and seclusion and define the termsrestraint and seclusion.
- Describe standards for use of restraints in acute medical and surgical care settings, including patients' rights, orders, monitoring, and documentation.
- Describe standards for use of restraints and seclusion in behavior management settings,including patients' rights, orders, monitoring, and documentation.
- Identify how to use restraints safely.
- Identify alternatives to restraints and seclusion.
As a healthcare employee, it is important to understand how to legally restrain and seclude patients. In this 20 minute restraining and seclusion training course, healthcare employees will understand every aspect of restraining and secluding patients and how to legally proceed with these activities. Healthcare employees will also know the proper procedures for restraining and secluding according to acute medical and surgical care standards as opposed to behavioral healthcare standards.
By the end of this course, employees will know:
- The legal requirements for restraining and secluding patients
- How to define restraint and seclusion
- Understand patient’s rights as well as standards of restraints in acute settings, orders, application of restraints, monitoring, and documentation
- Safe restraining procedures
- The standard of use in restraining and seclusion patients in behavioral healthcare settings
- Alternatives to secluding and restraining patients
This restraining and secluding training course for healthcare patients includes audio narration, animations, and quizzes to certify that users understand and retain the course content in a clear and concise manner. Ultimately, this course will train healthcare employees to legally understand how to restrain and seclude patients in safe and compliant ways.
Acute Medical and Surgical Care Restraint Standards
Behavioral Healthcare Restraint and Seclusion Standards
42 CFR 482.13 (e) and (f)
This lesson describes the legal requirements for the use of restraints and seclusion and defines these
terms. It covers the different types of restraints and standards for their use, including patients' rights,
orders, application of restraints, monitoring, and documentation. The lesson also covers the safe use of
restraints as well as alternatives to using restraints and seclusion.
- For help or to ask more questions about Medical - Restraint and Seclusion by Vivid Learning Systems click the "Live Help" in the bottom right, or feel free to call us at (503) 808-1268
- See courses similar to Medical - Restraint and Seclusion or see more courses by Vivid Learning Systems
- This course is found in Safety, Healthcare