- This event has passed.
2019 OpenSesame User Conference
September 11 @ 7:00 AM - September 12 @ 4:30 PMFree
We are excited to host our customers again this year for the 2019 OpenSesame user conference in Portland, Oregon at the Porter Portland Hotel. At this two-day conference, you will learn about new courses and product enhancements, receive product training, hear from other companies like yours about how they are using OpenSesame, attend round table discussions, and more, while enjoying the popular destination city of Portland, Oregon.
Hear from your peers about why they love the OpenSesame user conference!
OpenSesame User Conference Agenda Overview
2019 Keynote speaker:
We are excited to announce Donald Taylor, Chairman of the Learning and Performance Institute, will be our keynote speaker at this year’s OpenSesame User Conference!
Donald is a 30-year veteran of the learning, skills and human capital industries, has chaired the Learning Technologies UK conference since 2000 and keynote speaker at Learning 2019.
Learn from your peers in this year’s customer presentations, featuring:
- Debra Kellogg, Toshiba America Business Solutions, Manager of Education and Development
- Drew Krajewski, EnerSys, Inc., Director of Global Training
- Tracy Wright, InComm, Sr. Director of Corporate Development
- David Morris, Carrington Mortgage Holdings, VP of Training Development
- Plus, a customer panel featuring Pacific Seafood, WCA Waste, Volunteers of America of Los Angeles and Delaware North
Additionally, the 2019 OpenSesame User Conference has dozens of great sessions for you to choose from including (here is the full agenda):
The future of L&D
- What skills does L&D need and what role do you serve in the workforce of the future?
- Machine learning-driven curation tools for the L&D manager and administrator
- Workforce of the future: how to meet the changing needs of training programs
- Best practices for choosing the right courses in your L&D program
- Tips and tricks for LMS integration
- How to demonstrate ROI of training
- Looking for training budget? Tips for finding budget within your company
- Going global with your training program
Getting the most out of OpenSesame
- OpenSesame: The road ahead
- Learn about the newest courses and publishers from OpenSesame
- Your learning ecosystem: learn how OpenSesame integrates with other technologies besides your LMS
- Measuring the performance of your elearning program with your OpenSesame dashboard and reporting
- User feedback roundtables
OpenSesame User Conference FAQs
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have or tweet @OpenSesame on Twitter.
What’s new and different this year?
In 2019, we will be expanding our user conference to include our publishers and partners. Hear and chat with our most popular course publishers about their newest offerings as well as hear from our LMS partners about how to maximize your LMS and OpenSesame content investment.
Do you recommend any hotels in the area?
The user conference will be held at the Porter Portland Hotel at 1355 SW 2nd Ave., Portland, Oregon 97221. Our room block expired 9 August but you can still contact the hotel online or call 1-503-306-4800 (please mention you are attending the conference) to see what availability they have. There are other hotels nearby in the downtown Portland area.
If you would like to extend your stay before or after the conference, the discounted rate may be available (based on availability and length of stay). Please contact Jill Brewster at email@example.com to confirm your extension.
Are meals included in my registration fee?
Your registration includes breakfast and lunch on Wednesday, 11 September and Thursday, 12 September, as well as an OpenSesame hosted dinner and event on Wednesday, 11 September.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you do not need to bring your printed ticket to the event. We will be able to check you in on-site.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, visit the user conference registration site, log in, and change your information online.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
You may transfer your registration to a colleague at your company. Please be sure to change the registration information online by logging into the registration site.
Do I receive any registration discounts as an OpenSesame Plus customer?
The deadline for OpenSesame Plus subscription discounts ended on 14 June, however, general registration is still open.
Do I need to register for specific sessions?
The full agenda will be released in August and it is and highly recommend that you register via the event app for the sessions you would like to attend. You will receive an email as soon as session registration is open with information on how to access the event app and select your sessions.
Will presentations be available after the user conference?
Yes, presentations will be available to you after the conference is over.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Our user conference is being held in downtown Portland, a easy walkable city. Only a few blocks from the convenient MAX light rail lines, you can travel throughout the city and to/from Portland International Airport. Ride shares such as Uber and Lyft operate in Portland in addition to taxicabs.