The tense job market and rocky economy is driving rapid change in the corporate training sector. It’s not good enough to boost employee productivity - you have to develop satisfied employees to improve retention and keep your training investment in-house.
- Growing training budgets. According to recent research, corporate training budgets will continue rising radically over the next few years to respond to increasingly competitive markets, pressure to do more with fewer employees and the need to retain skilled employees.
- Training departments are evolving. No longer is the learning & development department an isolated operation: L&D professionals are internal consultants who develop complex solutions for operational challenges.
- Focus on developing leaders. With increasing baby boomer retirement rates and competition for talent, companies are short on skilled managers. Effective leadership and management training enables companies to grow from within and, in turn, minimize turnover.
- HR is evolving. Today, human resources do more than hire and fire. They understand organizational capacity, identify weaknesses and develop strategies to improve. Corporate training is just one component of a strategic, supportive human resources program.
- eLearning grows as a portion of training spend. More than 30% of training hours in the U.S. are delivered in an elearning format. Training professionals are focusing on using technology to improve their elearning strategies and they’re increasingy including emerging technologies like simulations, social learning activities and mobile learning features in their training programs.
The future of training is digital and social - and OpenSesame is proud to offer the world's largest catalog of off-the-shelf elearning courses to support any training program.
OpenSesame makes buying and selling corporate elearning as easy as downloading a song from iTunes. The OpenSesame elearning marketplace enables you to shop from more than 20,000 elearning courses from more than 250 different sellers, all in one location.
OpenSesame makes it easy for elearning buyers to shop from thousands of courses on topics from compliance and safety to business skills and healthcare, with no long-term commitments or expensive contracts. Buy just the courses you need, in the quantity you need - and pay only for the courses you use. Shop for elearning courses on OpenSesame to:
- Purchase only the elearning courses you need, with no long-term commitments or complicated contracts.
- Take courses online, through email or in any learning management system.
- Our patent-pending technology ensures we instantly connect course content securely to any LMS in minutes, instead of months.
Image Credit: woodleywonderworks on Flickr