Before getting started, please review the following terms. Please note that as a Buyer or Seller of content via the OpenSesame marketplace you must review and agree separate terms. You will be presented with such terms at the time you either purchase courses or go through the process of adding content for sale via OpenSesame.
You understand and agree to the following:
- You must use a valid e-mail address and create a username during the registration process.
- You are responsible for all uses of your account. You must keep your password confidential. We may refuse, at our sole discretion, to allow you to register a username that is trademarked, inappropriate, or impersonates another individual.
- You agree to let OpenSesame immediately know of any unauthorized use of your account.
- If you are less than 13 years old, you may not use OpenSesame. If you are between 13 and 17 years old, then you must have parental consent to use this service. By registering for OpenSesame, you are indicating that you have the capacity to understand these Terms of Service. OpenSesame will not be held liable for any loss or damage for non-compliance.
- You understand and agree that OpenSesame does not control, verify or endorse Courses unless explicitly stated.<p>
- When registering with OpenSesame, you must provide, and maintain, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself.<p>
- OpenSesame reserves the right to refuse the service to any user.
You can deactivate, or terminate, your account at any time and for any reason. OpenSesame can also deactivate, or terminate, your account at any time and for any reason. We also reserve the right to use any means (legal, operational, or technological) available to enforce these terms. Once deactivation occurs, your rights to access the OpenSesame marketplace will cease to exist.
You warrant and represent to OpenSesame that you are: 1. Not a minor and you have the legal right and ability to agree to and abide by these terms, or; 2. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17 that you have parental consent and agreement to use the OpenSesame marketplace; 3. You hold and will continue to hold all the ownership, license, proprietary, and other rights necessary to enter into, authorize, grant rights, and perform your obligations under these terms.
These terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Oregon, USA, and any disputes arising hereunder shall be submitted to state and federal courts in Portland, Oregon and you agree to and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. If any of these terms are deemed invalid, then the remaining terms shall still be enforced. OpenSesame is not responsible for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from causes beyond OpenSesame’s reasonable control. Official correspondence must be sent via email to: email@example.com
. If you are not a resident of the United States of America, then you agree to follow all applicable laws and local rules regarding the transmission of data from the United States and the country in which you live.
These terms, including Buyer and Seller terms that you may separately agree to as part of registering to do business with OpenSesame, represent the complete, entire, and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and OpenSesame. These terms supersedes all prior, written or oral, understandings or agreements.
If you purchase courses via OpenSesame from any Seller in the marketplace, you will be responsible to pay the fee associated with such courses and any applicable taxes. You agree to pay for all courses purchased through the OpenSesame system.
What You Are Buying
When you purchase a course, you are purchasing a non-exclusive license to use that course. The course itself always remains the property of the Seller. You also agree to not copy, modify, or create derivative versions of a Seller’s course materials or trademarks.
OpenSesame and its Sellers are not liable nor do OpenSesame and its Sellers warrant the courses provided by any Seller via the OpenSesame marketplace. OpenSesame and its Sellers disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for the content, completeness, accuracy, legality, reliability, or availability of information or materials displayed on, or delivered via OpenSesame. You are responsible for conducting your own research before choosing a course. This is the case even in the event that you request assistance from OpenSesame in selecting courses.
OpenSesame retains the right to substitute substantially similar courses for those initially selected as necessary. OpenSesame also reserves the right to remove courses from the OpenSesame marketplace. In the event that a purchased course is removed, OpenSesame shall issue a pro rata refund of the purchase price for such course.