OpenSesame, the elearning innovator, announces the addition of American Management Association’s Certified Professional in Management™ prep course to its on-demand library. Managers can now qualify to earn the AMA Certified Professional in Management™ credential – the new standard for management excellence – after completing 16 online courses from OpenSesame’s online training catalog..
The curated list of 16 lessons now available through OpenSesame is the ideal way to prepare for the AMA-CPM™ exam. These courses along with the Management Book of Knowledge, will guide managers through the learning journey and help them master the domains assessed in the exam.
“We are excited to add AMA’s expertise and content to the OpenSesame catalog to help organizations develop their future leaders,” said Spencer Thornton, Senior Vice President of Curation at OpenSesame. “The AMA-CPM™ certification helps individuals showcase their management competence, and helps organizations leverage talent to achieve business goals.”
The AMA-CPM™ program focuses on four major domains or content areas:
- Professional Effectiveness: Mastery of personal awareness and interpersonal skills. (3 lessons)
- Relationship Management: Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships. (8 lessons)
- Business Acumen: Understanding of business operations. (3 lessons)
- Analytical Intelligence: Application of systematic thinking, analysis and data interpretation. (2 lessons)
About the AMA Certified Professional in Management™ Exam Prep Course through OpenSesame:
- 16 on-demand lessons
- 320 minutes
- 0.5 CEU’s
“Getting the job done on your own is very different from getting the job done through others,” said Manny Avramidis, President and CEO of AMA. “Earning certification through AMA will ensure managers have the knowledge, skills and abilities to do their essential job effectively, and provides a differentiator that will enhance their careers.”
Explore more of AMA’s other top courses thoughtfully curated by OpenSesame:
- The Manager’s Role During Change
- Building Credibility and Trust for Improved Communication
- Building Better Work Relationships
- Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication Skills of a Credible Leader
- Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making Tools
- Diversity and Inclusion: Creating an Inclusive Culture
- Principles of Effective Business Writing
ABOUT AMERICAN MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONAL®
American Management Association International® (AMA), a non-profit educational organization, has been a global leader in professional development for nearly 100 years. The knowledge, skills and tools AMA offers help professionals achieve performance excellence, agility, and resilience in a constantly changing, complex, and competitive world.